Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heartbreak

My husband has informed me that FedEx has LOST my Day [9] project...  ugh.  =(  I'm so mad at myself for not at least getting the insurance on it.  At the time, I didn't have any idea of what amount it should be insured for!

I seriously have the worst luck possible!  This was the first time I've ever mailed off any finished projects, so I was already pretty nervous about it.  Now, to find out that it's been lost just hurts my poor little heart.

I'm still hopeful that maybe one day it will show up, but for now it has just disappeared into nothingness with very little hope of it being found.  Many people have reassured me that packages DO show up in time, so all is not completely lost.

Thankfully, I did take a lot of progress pictures along the way and at least have something to remember it by.  I also bought enough supplies at the beginning of the project so that I could eventually make two of them, and since I've completed one, I'm sure the second one would be much easier to do and (barring anymore medical fiascoes) wouldn't take as long to complete. 

On the plus side, I wasn't 100% happy with the original project.  I kid you not, there were at least 5 individual stitches that I can remember being slightly off that bugged me even after I had it framed.  If I do restitch it I think I can do a much better job of it!

For now, I'm still considering when I want to get started on it again.  For now, I'll just look at the pictures and hope that it shows back up again.

2 comments:

Lostinblue said...

Oh I hope it's does show up for you. It's so upsetting when things like this happen.

Sending hugs!

:)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That is so frustrating and upsetting. I so hope that it turns up, it is a lovely finish.