Monday, September 30, 2013

September 2013 Look Back

I haven't done a look back post in well over a year, so I figure it's high time to do one again.

At the end of each month (when I've gotten some stitching done that is) I like to look back at the overall progress I've made as well as taking a peek at the back of the work.  I'm as obsessive over the back of every project as I am over the front, although I'll admit I haven't been as careful lately as I could be.  I dislike having loose strands on the back or traveling too far with a color, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Let's take a look at the beginning of the month:

September 3, 2013
How I'm ending the month:

September 2013 look back
And, finally, a look at the back.


Overall, I'm happy with what I've been able to get done.  Most of the time I have to stitch one handed while the baby sleeps on one arm or the other, so it's definitely slow going.  It's getting easier day by day.

I hope everyone had a great month of stitching.  I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get done next month!

Happy stitching!

9 comments:

Parsley said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Steph said...

WOW!!! This is amazing. I always try to keep the back tidy but somehow it never ends up so. Xxx

Pull the other thread said...

You got an amazing amount if progress done on this. Well done. The back of your work is so neat!!!

sharine said...

You made some great progress:)

ricketyjo said...

Lovely progress, well done, and keep on going! Even if it's just a few stitches at a time, it's better than none! And the back looks so neat, I wish mine were that neat :)

Jan Gartlan said...

What a stunning project and great progress!

The Crafty Princess said...

Great progress for the month!! I can't get over how perfect your back is stitched.
Alicia xo

Anonymous said...

OMG this is amazing. I just started cross stitching and from looking at your blog I'm starting with this design. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours!!

Dawn Wunderlich said...

Wow. I'm working on this same project, and we've talked before about the cloud color issue... but your photos are awesome! We work in such different ways! I've been picking one color at a time and doing that color over the entire project and then switching to the next color. It's fun to see your method. The back of your project is just as beautiful, though... mine is meant to be hidden!

Thanks for the inspiration! Let's both keep going!