When I saw this kit at the craft store, I knew I had to have it! The painting is gorgeous and the cross stitching is just as beautiful, although some of the smaller details are lost. The finished size will be 16" x 12" and roughly 66,000 stitches.
Sixty-six THOUSAND. Let that sink in for a second. Basically, I've discovered that this project is 10 times bigger than the Day  logo, which took about 2 months to finish.
So much floss.
Will I ever finish it? Eventually. Will I start other projects while working on this? More than likely. Will it be worth the time and effort? I have no doubt!
As with any kit, the first thing to do is get everything separated and prepped for stitching. With my kids running crazy, this process took around 3 hours.
After sorting everything, I gridded out the first page and prepared to stitch. I've found that using the gridding method for projects with lots of confetti (little, individual squares of color that aren't close to other squares of the same thread type) is really helpful. It also helps me count out better, since each of the squares is exactly 10x10.
First page fully gridded.
I couldn't do all that work without at least stitching a little bit. The colors on this kit are all so pretty! I'm really looking forward to seeing this one take shape.