In crafty news, I decided to take a tiny break from stitching in order to do a sewing project for my daughter. She has been showing a real interest in reading her Bible (although, she can't yet read so I read it to her!) and has been wanting to have a case to carry it around in. Luckily for her, I had a few pieces of fabric that she liked and most of the other materials to make it.
After a few hours of measuring, cutting, reading some online "how-to" tutorials, and one instance of taking it all apart because I had put it together backwards, it was finished!
|Velcro closure underneath the decorative button.|
|Inside the finished project.|
And now that I've made one, I feel more comfortable with it and may make a more boy-friendly version for my son once we get him his own Bible.
Have a great day!