Sunday, January 22, 2012

1/22/12 Cinderella Update and TUSAL

Howdy everyone!

I've had quite a few good stitching evenings the past week or so.  The kids have actually behaved and (mostly) gone to bed when they are supposed to so it's given me the time I've craved.  Plus, I finished reading "Water for Elephants" and I'm just waiting for another library book on my hold list to come available so I've got a bit of extra down time.

Here is the latest progress pic for Cinderella:


I've been working on this top right section now for the past few days.  It is littered with confetti and tweeded metallics so it's really be slow going.  I wish the camera picked up all the sparkles because it is really looking gorgeous in person!  Maybe once I'm done with this quarter of the project I'll take a small video and see if I can pick up the shine there. 

Also, this is the very first year I'm participating in Daffycat's Totally Useless Stitch-a-long (TUSAL).  If you don't know what it is and want some more information (or want to join up!) you can head over to the information page by clicking the button on the top right of my blog. 

I'm a day early (the new moon is tomorrow) but I figured if I don't post it now then I'll totally forget about it.  Here is my January ORT jar:



I definitely should take some windex to it... it's looking a bit dusty!  So far only a few light colored threads and some sparklies in there, but I'm looking forward to adding some more color soon!


3 comments:

Joysze said...

Cinderella looks great, Lauren. Great start to this year's TUSAL. :D

Threeundertwo said...

This is so gorgeous! I've just started the Snow White one, and I'm really inspired by your project.

Happy TUSAL day!

Ewa said...

It's so pretty! I WANT IT... erm, I mean, very nice stitching :)